||Origin: Prince George's was erected from Calvert and Charles counties in 1695 (Chapter 13, Acts of 1695, May Session). The County was named for Prince George of Denmark (1653-1708), who was the brother of Christian V (1646-1699), King of Denmark and Norway. Prince George was the husband of Queen Anne (1665-1714), who ruled Great Britain and Ireland from 1702 to 1714.
County Seat: Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
Form of Government: Charter since 1970